Sushi Cook - Marina Restaurant
Join the Marina Restaurant team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a seafood menu that is 100% Certified Ocean Wise, a focus on buying local and sustainable product in support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers wherever possible, and some of friendliest kitchen staff in the business, our restaurant is the ideal spot for any who loves food and food culture to build on their existing culinary skill set.
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- Red Seal Apprenticeship opportunities
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and wants to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, fun setting.
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about food (1-2 years previous experience working with sushi preferred)
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
We are looking for a Sushi Cook to join our team!
Apply today!! Send us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible!
- Demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and cooperates with the needs of the Marina Restaurant.
- Ensures that the Sushi Station at all times is clean and organized, with adequate rice in place for the expected volume of business.
- Prepares the sushi menu according to the standards set by the Sushi Chef.
- Adheres to the service standards of quality, quantity, timeliness and presentation.
- Informs the Sushi Chef of any challenges or shortages of product.
- Opens or closes the sushi department to the standards set by the Sushi Chef.
- Provide the best guest service possible.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Employee Handbook.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Maintains standards set for quality and presentation.
- Contributes ideas to menu development.
- Always work in a cost-efficient and safe manner.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Min. 3 years in a kitchen.
- Experience with Japanese Cuisine and specifically sushi
- Knife and food preparation skills.
- Food Safe – Level One.
- WHMIS knowledge and observance.
- Prior experience working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Comfortable working with or without supervision is required for this position.
- Experience working in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to work at speed under duress in an organized manner.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and lift above head.
- The ability to bend.