Join the Oak Bay Marine Group team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing unforgettable guest experiences in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
We are seeking a part-time Payroll/HR Administrator, ideally on contract to oversee the bi-weekly payroll and benefits administration. In this role, you will bring a minimum of five years’ experience in payroll administration and a keen eye for detail and process improvement, ensuring accurate, timely pay processes that meet all regulations. Your outgoing and inquisitive nature will help you build strong relationships and be a key part of the administrative team supporting a diverse group of successful companies.
Apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversee the preparation and process of the biweekly payroll for up to 100 employees including full-time, part-time, seasonal and salaried workers.
- Maintain the onboarding process for new hires, terminations, salary adjustments and payroll processing; Calculate and enter salary adjustments as approved.
- Set up and maintain the employment records in electronic and hard copy for new hires, adjustments, and terminations.
- Review and ensure the accuracy of approved timesheets, track and deduct all statutory payroll deductions, including garnishments, etc.
- Reconcile and remit all payroll deductions such as income tax, CPP, EI, medical, extended health and WCB in accordance with regulations and accounting best practices.
- Prepare ROEs and T4’s.
- Prepare all payroll journal entries, monthly reconciliations, monthly accruals, and year-end preparations.
- Prepare and maintain standard and ad hoc reports and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain detailed employee records in a strictly confidential environment, review changes for proper authorization and compliance with federal and provincial regulations.
- Ensure the payroll department meets all posting deadlines for the financial reports.
- Respond to payroll and benefit enquiries from staff, managers, and outside agencies such as CRA.
- Manage effective internal/external client relationships to ensure problem resolution, customer satisfaction and quality assurance.
- Administer and maintain the employee extended health plan and health spending account plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Skills:
- CPM certification is a definite asset for this position.
- Solid understanding of BC Employment Standards, WCB and CRA payroll related regulations.
- Strong reconciliation skills and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel & Word)
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll administration and processing or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Dynamics GP payroll system is an asset.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service to internal customers.
- The ability to work in a confidential environment with integrity and attention to detail are crucial for this role.
- The ability to manage time to meet tight deadlines is an important competency for this role.
- Approximately 30-40 hours in every bi-weekly payroll cycle, based on the specific needs of the business
- Non-employee, contractual arrangement is preferred
- Remote work is optional after initial training period is complete
- Lifting boxes of records occasionally (up to 9 kilos or 20 lbs).