Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator
Oak Bay Marine Group is searching for a dynamic Payroll and Accounts Payable Administrator to join their collaborative accounting team in Victoria, BC. If you are a detail-oriented multitasker with a passion for service and teamwork and you bring a combination of payroll and accounts payable experience, we would love for you to join our team!
Being a crew member at Oak Bay Marine Group offers:
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee Benefits effective on Day 1
- Award winning culture
- Respect Certified organization
- Crew recognition program with big rewards
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking and an amazing view!
Skills and Abilities that will help you thrive:
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
Apply today! Email your resume to email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Upload manager-approved HRIS timesheets to outsourced payroll services and review for compliance to company policies, process payroll and run reports, troubleshoot payroll issues, record journal entries, and complete account reconciliations.
- Prepare accurate and timely remittances for CRA, PST, GST, Employer Health Tax, WorkSafe BC and group insurance plans, as well as processing ROE’s and T4’s.
- Act as liaison with operations on all HR administration and payroll issues, monitor and track changes to employee data and information, update the HRIS system as appropriate, including changes impacting payroll and benefits.
- Administer group insurance benefits plans and assist employees with benefits questions, including enrollment, changes or updates as required.
- Maintain current job description files, working to ensure timely job posting of available positions through the HRIS, on multiple websites and internal distribution to crew.
- Monitor candidate flow and activity in partnership with management, supporting the offer and on-boarding processes as well as off-boarding for exiting employees.
- Ensure the accuracy and efficiency of the HRIS, prepare templates, support the maintenance of the Applicant Tracking System and workflow processes, enroll new employees and act as administrator for CDN and US operations.
- Ensure timely recording and coding of accounts payable invoices in the Doclink invoice-tracking system. Verify and reconcile vendor account statements and maintain accounts payable subledger.
- Process weekly cheque and EFT payments.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with support from the finance and operations teams.
- Respond to all accounts payable enquiries and follow up on outstanding issues for prompt resolution and maintain positive, productive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate and support the Yes I Can Core Values at all times.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Certificate in Human Resources or Business Administration, or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ payroll experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and its components including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with an HR Information System or Microsoft Dynamics GP is an asset.
- Solid attention to detail and ability to multi-task as priorities change.
- Experience managing oneself independently while working in a fast-paced, confidential environment with integrity.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.