Marina Maintenance Supervisor
The Marina Maintenance Supervisor position effectively and efficiently delivers outstanding guest experiences in a safe and secure, best-in-class environment. This position will demonstrate the ‘Yes I Can’ service standards and Core Values, providing support for contracted and guest moorage, fuel, rental boats, retail, and maintenance of the facilities and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ Core Values and always demonstrate a professional attitude.
- Resolve customer concerns or problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Communicate effectively with all customers, crew, suppliers, and vendors to ensure that their needs are dealt with in a friendly, professional manner proudly representing OBMG at all times.
- Greet customers as they arrive and make them feel welcome, assisting with vessel docking, food and beverage or supply requirements, processing of annual or nightly moorage, fuel, hydro or other services as required.
- Lead the maintenance of the facilities and restocking product and supply inventories, cleaning washroom, removing/emptying garbage bins, maintaining facilities and grounds, clearing the parking lot, boat ramp and debris, ensuring safety, sanitation, and cleanliness at all times.
- Perform marina and dock maintenance ensuring our assets are in the best condition and appealing and safe for our guests.
- In the absence of Assistant Manager, lead the Crew to successfully complete tasks and execute operations at the highest level.
- Maintain any storage or parking programs and maximize our revenue opportunities by capturing all information for incoming guests.
- Comply with Clean Marine policies and continually offer improvements to our operations to elevate our commitment to sustainability.
- Assist Assistant Manager in keeping customer accounts accurate with correct data.
- Create and maintain all maintenance logs for docks and equipment. Ensure training logs are updated for any training on equipment, tools, vessels and things such as firefighting safety.
- Ensure the ongoing care and maintenance of the Marina, and surrounding area is up to OBMG standards, ensuring an exceptional guest environment and a safe environment for customers, crew and work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain all facilities and equipment to safety standards, treating company property with care and respect, utilizing environmentally sound practices, and securing safely when required, treating all company property with care and respect.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and regulations, including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Support other operations as needed with educational opportunities and maintenance support.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work enthusiastically within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at the Marina as may be required.
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Previous experience with construction and/or boating experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Occupational First Aid and CPR Level 1 or equivalent is an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in hospitality or related business experience an asset.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Work experience in a marina, hospitality or recreational environment an asset.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance and maintenance duties by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to bend and
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.
Apply today! Send your resume to email@example.com