Marina Attendant - North Saanich Marina
We are looking for a Marina Attendant to join our crew!
Join the North Saanich Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Located in North Saanich on beautiful Vancouver Island, offering amazing vistas, the friendliest staff around, and providing a welcoming home port for sailing and boating Canada’s Gulf Islands, the US San Juan Islands and beyond, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Apply today! Send your resume to email@example.com
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and outdoor tourism and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
The Marina Attendant position effectively and efficiently delivers outstanding guest experiences in a safe and secure, best-in-class environment. This position will demonstrate the ‘Yes I Can’ service standards and Core Values, providing support for contracted and guest moorage, fuel, retail, and maintenance of the facilities and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ Core Values and demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
- Resolve customer concerns or problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Communicate effectively with all customers, crew, suppliers and vendors to ensure that their needs are dealt with in a friendly, professional manner proudly representing OBMG at all times.
- Greet customers as they arrive and make them feel welcome, assisting with vessel/RV docking/parking, food and beverage or supply requirements, processing of annual or nightly moorage/RV fees, fuel, hydro or other services as required.
- Assist with maintaining and restocking product and supply inventories, cleaning washrooms and showers on a twice daily basis, removing/emptying garbage bins, maintaining facilities and grounds, clearing the parking lot, boat ramp and debris, ensuring safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure the ongoing care and maintenance of the Marina, and surrounding area is up to OBMG standards, ensuring an exceptional guest environment and a safe environment for customers, crew and work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain all facilities and equipment to safety standards, treating company property with care and respect, utilizing environmentally sound practices and securing safely when required, treating all company property with care and respect.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations, including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Assist with cutting and bagging of fish, supporting the guest experience and complying with all fisheries and oceans regulations.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work enthusiastically within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at the Marina as may be required.
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Superhost Certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Occupational First Aid and CPR Level 1 or equivalent is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience an asset.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in hospitality or related business experience an asset.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Work experience in a marina, hospitality or recreational environment an asset.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to bend and
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.