Manager - Marina Dockside Eatery
The Marina Dockside Eatery Manager is responsible for the day-to-day café operations and supervision of the Eatery crew in order to deliver outstanding service to our guests in an efficient, friendly and knowledgeable manner. This position is responsible for ensuring we anticipate our guests’ every need while maintaining the “YES I CAN” service standards.
We are looking for a coffee enthusiast who strives to provide unforgettable guest experiences, is passionate about great food, and who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. The ideal candidate will have previous supervisory experience working in a coffee house, restaurant or hotel management or similar environment, have their FoodSafe Level 1 and Serving it Right certifications, and have proficient knowledge of Squirrel or a similar POS system. Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills are a must.
Overlooking Oak Bay Marina in picturesque Victoria, BC, the fully licensed Marina Dockside Eatery offers spectacular scenery and a fresh, west coast menu. “Oceanfront casual” describes the atmosphere – where the locals mix with boaters and the cyclists stop to take in the views.
What do we offer? Check out the list below:
- Ample Free Vehicle & Bike Parking!
- A Great Recognition Program!
- Apprenticeship Opportunities!
- Employee Benefits Program!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations!
- Amazing Annual Staff Party!
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Maintains food and beverage quality, service, dress code and cleanliness to a level consistent with Oak Bay Marine Group standards.
- Provides a consistent presence within the café, leading by example, working shoulder-to-shoulder with the crew to become familiar with regular guests and members of the community, and to coach, teach and train the Eatery Crew.
- Promotes up-selling and guest enhancement service opportunities; positively responds to customer feedback and complaints.
- Ensures the Marina Dockside Eatery building and equipment are maintained for safety and operational requirements, communicates problems to the Eatery Manager and follows up on the completion of all repair and maintenance projects.
- Attends and participates in the Health and Safety Committee, supporting Health and Safety requirements.
- Supports the new-hire orientation, one-on-one and crew training sessions and meetings to ensure consistent feedback, training and development for employees following Oak Bay Marine Group HR practices.
- Attends and actively participates in crew
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a coffee house, restaurant or hotel management or a similar environment.
- Food safe Level 1 & Level 2 and Serving it Right certification required.
- Supervisory experience successfully leading a dynamic and service-oriented team an asset.
- Kitchen management and/or culinary experience is an asset.
- Squirrel or similar POS proficiency required.
- Strong working knowledge of “Word” and “Excel”.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Occupational First Aid is an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and to lift over the shoulder.
- The ability to bend.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately.