Host - Marina Restaurant
Join the Marina Restaurant team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a seafood menu that is 100% Certified Ocean Wise, a focus on buying local and sustainable product in support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers wherever possible, and some of friendliest staff in the business, our restaurant is the ideal spot for any who loves food and food culture to build on their existing skill set.
We are looking for a Host to join our team!
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- Red Seal Apprenticeship opportunities
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and wants to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, fun setting.
Apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Host is responsible for greeting and welcoming guests to the Restaurant and the smooth flow of guests into the dining room. Encompassing accurate reservation recording, table assignments, telephone service and server section organization, this position demands an above average gregarious and pleasant nature. Additional responsibilities will include support to the service team in all aspects of table service, while ensuring table turnover is maintained at an efficient rate.
This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Always demonstrates a professional presentation and maintains the Yes I Can Core Values service standards to provide an exceptional guest experience
- Communicates effectively with all team members
- Coordinates consistent flow of guests, maintaining appropriate turnover rates.
- Provides exceptional phone service and guest services as requested
- Follows guidelines for section seating and rotation
- Accurately records reservations, and processes gift certificate sales
- Demonstrates complete knowledge of menus, specials and seating options
- Manages time effectively in order to support the cleaning and resetting of tables
- Ensures the highest standards of presentation and table service and setting
- Works with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times
- Performs opening and closing duties to standards
- Complies with all OBMG policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensures safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times
- Promotes “Everyone sells” by providing guests with information and suggestions when prompted
- Attends staff meetings and performs other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Technical Skills:
- 1 – 2 years customer service experience, ideally in a Food and Beverage environment, previous Host experience is an asset.
- Experience working with Squirrel and Open Table Reservation Systems are preferred.
- Food Safe Level 1 an asset.
- Serving it Right an asset.
- Occupational First Aid an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- This position demands a person who is energetic, flexible, organized and prepared to execute a wide variety of tasks in a high-pressure environment, consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry and bend.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.