Guest Services Supervisor - Oak Bay Marina
We are looking for a Guest Services Supervisor to join our crew!
Join the Oak Bay Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Located in Oak Bay on beautiful Vancouver Island, offering amazing vistas, the friendliest staff around, and providing a welcoming home port for sailing and boating Canada’s Gulf Islands, the US San Juan Islands and beyond, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee Benefits effective Day 1
- Strong Core Values and a 60-year history in our communities
- Crew recognition program with amazing rewards
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and outdoor tourism and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
The Guest Services Supervisor supports the Assistant Manager and General Manager in day-to-day operations of the Marina to deliver outstanding guest experiences in a safe and secure, best-in-class environment. This position will demonstrate and reinforce our ‘Yes I Can’ service standards and Core Values, providing support in the areas of contracted and guest moorage, retail inventory and merchandising, fuel calls, as well as the safety and maintenance of the facility and grounds. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Marina Attendants. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervise a team of Marina Attendants, including scheduling and work assignments.
- Provide exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ Core Values and demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
- Resolve customer concerns or problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Set the pace and lead by working shoulder to shoulder with crew and management to assist in serving guests and to create and maintain a positive environment in support of the ‘Yes I Can’ philosophy.
- Communicate effectively with all customers, crew, suppliers, and vendors to ensure that their needs are dealt with in a friendly, professional manner, proudly representing OBMG at all times through every crew member.
- Greet moorage customers and guests as they arrive and make them feel welcome, processing of annual or nightly moorage, fuel, vessel docking, and departure, or other services as required.
- Maximize moorage revenues by managing transient moorage and keeping waiting lists up to date.
- Assist Dock Supervisor in tasking crew with work assignments, to ensure service standards are met and all work is completed in a safe and cost-efficient manner at all times.
- Ensure the ongoing care and maintenance of the Marina, and surrounding area is up to OBMG standards, ensuring an exceptional guest environment and a safe environment for crew.
- Ensure that the marina’s facilities and fixed assets are carefully maintained, utilizing environmentally sound practices, and secured safely when required.
- Operate and maintain all equipment to safety standards, treating company property with care and respect.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and regulations, including the OBMG Employee Handbook.
- Balance and reconcile cash sheets, and ensure inventory and supplies are maintained and replenished effectively.
- Assist the maintenance and cleaning crews as required including the cleaning of public washrooms
- Attend and participate in any regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participating in quarterly inventory counts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Post-secondary education focusing on business, management, or project management.
- Knowledge of boats and boating.
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s Certificate (PCOC) required.
- Aware of environmental issues as they pertain to boating and marina operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Emergency First Aid and C.P.R.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Experience working in a marina or commercial building complex.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Recent experience supervising a team of diversified crew members in a positive manner.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG current and future business strategies.
- Improving Operations: ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and past experience for improving upon current modes of operation within the Oak Bay Marina.
- Leadership: has the desire to lead others, including diverse teams. Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: ability to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, carry and bend.