Barista - Marina Dockside Eatery
We are looking for a Barista to join our crew!
Join the Marina Dockside Eatery team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Featuring a licensed Oceanside patio and locally roasted Caffé Fantastico coffee served by some of friendliest staff in the business, our café is the ideal spot for any who loves coffee and food culture and wants to build on their existing restaurant/bistro skill sets.
Apply today! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and customer service and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and guests.
- Prepare and serve beverage products to the quality and presentation standards, mixing, pouring and serving hot and cold beverages as required, including beer, cider and wine.
- Ensures high quality food preparation, production and execution is to standard
- Assist with stocking of all food and beverage products on display.
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Take orders and names to interact with guests, ensuring orders are correct and table numbers/names are effectively communicated to the team.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all menu items with particular attention to allergy and health requirements and regulations.
- Support the Company Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations, including the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Work with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming environment at all times, including washroom, kitchen and front of house facilities.
- Bussing tables, dishwashing, general cleaning and food preparation as required.
- Maintain and sell retail products.
- Perform closing and opening duties to OBMG standards.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions in the Eatery as required.
- Attend any regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Level 1 Food Safe certification is required, Level 2 an asset
- Serving it Right certification is required.
- Proficient using POS system; Squirrel or equivalent
- Occupational First Aid or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Previous experience as a barista and/or in a coffee shop environment is preferred.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service.
- Experience with and comfort in high volume and high-pressure situations.
- Experience working with cash register and reconciling cash floats.
- Kitchen and/or culinary experience is an asset.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and to lift over the shoulder.
- The ability to bend.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately.