Front of House Manager
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and supporting Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a Front of House Manager to join our team our team.
If we sound like a fit, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and customer service and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Maintains a regular presence within the front of house where the Assistant Restaurant Manager leads by example – works shoulder to shoulder with the staff and becomes familiar with regular guests and members of the community to drive sales and repeat business;
- Supervises the dining room crew; makes sure they understand their responsibilities, are thoroughly trained to perform these duties and know how this performance affects the guest experience, sales and profits of our business;
- Ensures strong working relationship and productive communication in the dining room, as well as between the kitchen and dining room;
- Ensures guests are served with consistent speed and efficiency to deliver exceptional customer service;
- Provides support to the Restaurant Manager to organize all aspects of the day-day operation of the front of house in an efficient and cost effective manner, ensuring that appropriate standards and controls are in place. Quality of customer service standards are of critical importance.
- Assists Restaurant Manager to achieve company-wide goals, KPI’s and business priorities;
- Ensures first class appearance of the dining room including displays, maintenance, storage and cleanliness standards;
- Provides suggestions to the Restaurant Manager to promote upsell programs for the crew i.e. wine, starters, specials, desserts, etc.;
Education and Technical Skills
- Five years exceptional customer service in a food and hospitality environment.
- Post-secondary education in Hotel/Restaurant Management is an asset.
- Serving It Right certification is required.
- FoodSafe Level 1 is required
- FoodSafe Level 2 an asset
- Strong working knowledge of Squirrel.
- Supervisory experience successfully leading a dynamic team.
- Experience fostering a positive FOH and BOH relationship.
Our CORE Values:
‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Personal Effectiveness: Has the ability to assessing strengths and weaknesses and engage in ongoing self-development and improvement; maintains effectiveness in the face of change or ambiguity.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals; treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment, productivity and good morale.
- Employee Development: Has the desire and ability to develop others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring.
- Building Relationships: Has the ability to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts as a priority of the job.
- Results Orientation: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG vision through promoting a welcoming and productive climate.
- Business Acumen: Has the ability to understand the business implication of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Is aware of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Business Understanding: Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, market dynamics and priorities;
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness: Understands the workings, structure and culture of the organization as well as the political, social and economic climate in which the organization operates.
- This position demands a person who is energetic, flexible, organized and prepared to execute a wide variety of tasks in a high-pressure environment, consistently delivering results that contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry and bend.