Dishwasher - Marina Restaurant
Join the Marina Restaurant team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a seafood menu that is 100% Certified Ocean Wise, a focus on buying local and sustainable product in support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers wherever possible, and some of friendliest kitchen staff in the business, our restaurant is the ideal spot for any who loves food and food culture to build their career.
We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our team!
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about food
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Apply today! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Always demonstrates a professional presentation and maintains the Yes I Can Core Values service standards to provide an exceptional guest experience
- Communicates effectively with all team members
- Provide consistent flow of clean dishes
- Monitor and maintain dishwasher chemical levels
- Handle waste collection and disposal
- Work with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times
- Follow recycling policies and procedures
- Maintain cardboard management according to policy
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attends staff meetings and performs other duties as assigned
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1
- WHMIS knowledge and observance
- Occupational First Aid is an asset
- Prior experience working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Comfortable working with or without supervision is required for this position.
- Experience in high volume and high pressure situations an asset
Our CORE Values:
‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to work long hours
- The ability to lift up to 50