Customer Experience Manager - North Saanich Marina
Join the North Saanich Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
We are looking for a Customer Experience Manager to join our crew!
Located in North Saanich on beautiful Vancouver Island, offering amazing vistas, the friendliest staff around, and providing a welcoming home port for sailing and boating Canada’s Gulf Islands, the US San Juan Islands and beyond, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Apply today! Send your resume to email@example.com
What we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation program
- Employee Benefits effective Day 1
- Strong Core Values and a 60-year history in our communities
- Crew recognition program with amazing rewards
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills; familiarity handling customer requests and resolving concerns and a keen interest in sharing their enthusiasm for boating and the ocean. Supervisory experience in a hospitality environment is required. The right candidate will model our “Yes I Can” customer service, be confident, pro-active and self-motivated.
We believe in helping connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting! We are looking for someone who thrives in a team environment and wants to be part of a dynamic crew working in a fast-paced, fun setting.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Model exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ service and OBMG Core Values with a professional attitude at all times.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day service operations of the Marina, to ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operations with appropriate standards and controls in place.
- Ensure the service standards and guest experience at the Marina and surrounding areas exceeds OBMG standards, creating an exceptional guest environment and a safe and secure environment for all customers and crew.
- Build relationships with all customers and operate the business consistent to the terms and conditions of the Oak Bay Marina Ltd. Marina rules and regulations, contracts and in alignment with provincial and national regulations.
- Set the pace and lead by working shoulder to shoulder with crew to assist in providing guests with an optimal guest experience.
- Assist the General Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure that revenue targets are met in all departments; maximize occupancy in the Marina.
- Maintain accurate customer accounts in marina management software. Create invoices and process payments following OBMG standard operating procedures.
- Actively engage in Social Media platforms to inform guests, past and future and be present in online community
- Work with General Manager, Assistant Manager and Crew to implement strong sustainability initiatives and create practices to align with Clean Marine BC Certification, bringing awareness to customers and community.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly and annual paperwork and accurately and on time reporting.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Assistant Manager, to recruit crew members that conduct themselves in accordance with the “Yes I Can” philosophy and our Core Values.
- Supervise all Guest Service Attendants, establishing systems to improve crew morale, engagement and motivation levels. Follow up on training at all levels, including guest service standards, health and safety, and participate in OBMG training programs and initiatives.
- Support the program for the follow-up of crew performance through both formal one-on-one scheduled reviews and informal on-the-spot performance feedback for the development and retention of crew.
- Ensure all inventories of merchandise and other supplies are kept up to date in a manner appropriate with the season and business levels of the Marina.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality/Tourism, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in a dynamic, multi-faceted hospitality/tourism focused business.
- Experience with hotel reservation software or other equivalent point of sale and inventory management system.
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service and service orientation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Passion for outdoor recreation
- Care for our natural environment (eco-warrior)
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean