Oak Bay Marine Group is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support primarily to the Chief Operating Officer, and as required, the Directors and other Leadership Team members. The position requires the individual to be pro-active, self-motivated and be proficient in MS Office. Added duties will include office and accounting tasks for the Victoria Office. The successful individual will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be pro-active and self-motivated, demonstrating a high degree of judgment, diplomacy, and strong organizational and administrative abilities.
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of customer service or administrative experience, strong written and oral communication skills, well organized with high attention to detail and that is able to multi-task in a busy setting. This individual needs to be self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Professionally communicating and interacting, in person or via telephone or email, with both prospective and current guests and business partners in order to maintain strong professional relationships.
- Support the COO to manage the daily, weekly and long-term appointment and meeting schedules; keep the COO calendar up-to-date.
- Advise the COO of impacts to calendar events and schedule changes, coordinate rescheduling as necessary.
- Prepare draft correspondence, presentations, edit and finalize as required.
- Assist with the “Yes I Can” crew recognition program to ensure the timely distribution of letters and pins and/or additional prizing.
- Coordinate the planning of Leadership Team meetings, including distribution of agendas and meeting packages, preparation of PPT and meeting materials.
- Assist with administrative requirements, including maintenance of file systems (both cloud based and physical) in a highly organized and confidential manner.
- Answer, screen, and direct all phone calls received in the Victoria Office in a polite, professional and discreet manner.
- Provide administrative support to the Victoria Office staff, including word processing, distributing information, formulating spreadsheets, filing, photocopying, faxing, and creating & maintaining databases as requested.
- Ordering office supplies and equipment required for the smooth, day-to-day operation of the Victoria Office, ensuring that the best possible prices are attained in order to stay within budget allowances.
- Maintaining and updating the Victoria Office electronic address book. This includes important phone numbers, addresses and personal information of people who are crucial to our operations.
- Maintain OBMG internal manager and locals phone lists, ensuring lists are updated and distributed to all staff as required in a timely manner.
- Receiving and distributing the daily mail, post mail, and organize shipments as required.
- Maintain the Board Room services, including managing availability schedule, ordering catering as requested, set-up and clean-up and restocking of supplies as necessary.
- Assist with maintaining current job description files, working to ensure timely job posting of available positions on multiple websites and distribution of announcements to staff.
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, reviewing applications and ensuring they are distributed to the appropriate manager(s) in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to the Accounting Department (filing, accounts payable, etc.)
- Demonstrate and support the Yes I Can Core Values at all times.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Certificate in Business or Office Administration, or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years’ administrative experience preferred, ideally in a hospitality environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and its components including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize workload based on deadlines, priority and/or urgency.
- Experience managing oneself independently while working in a fast-paced, confidential environment with integrity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.