Part-Time Shift Lead - Marina Dockside Eatery
Join the Marina Dockside Eatery team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
The Marina Dockside Eatery is looking for a Part-Time Shift Lead to join their team
Featuring a licensed Oceanside pat o coffee served by some of friendliest staff in the business, this role is ideal for anyone who loves coffee and food culture and wants to build on their leadership skill set.
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who not only strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences, but will lead the team to do the same.
- People who are passionate about coffee (previous supervisory experience is a big plus).
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
Apply today!! Send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 20th!
- Supervise the Marina Dockside Eatery staff in the absence of the Supervisor, including the daily assignment of work tasks.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Delegate responsibilities and provides training and support to staff
- Ensure all staff comply with OBMG policies, procedures, and regulations including those outlined in the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Create and maintain a positive environment in support of the ‘Yes I Can’ philosophy.
- Work within team environment to deliver service from all positions in the Eatery.
- Mediate customer complaints.
- Take orders accurately and rings into Squirrel.
- Ensure a high quality of products at all times.
- Work with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times.
- Perform opening and closing duties to standard.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as requested.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1; Level 2 an asset
- Serving it Right certification.
- Proficient using Squirrel.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Previous experience as a supervisor is
- Experience with and comfort in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Kitchen management and/or culinary experience is an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG current and future business strategies.
- Improving Operations: ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and past experience for improving upon current modes of operation within the Marina Dockside Eatery.
- Leadership: has the desire to lead others, including diverse teams. Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: ability to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- The ability to stand for extended
- The ability to work long
- The ability to bend and lift up to 50