Server - Marina Restaurant
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused individual to fill a role as a Server.
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, the Marina Restaurant offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
The server is responsible to expedite service to our guests in an efficient, friendly and knowledgeable manner ensuring we anticipate our guests’ every need while maintaining a “YES I CAN” attitude. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provides exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicates effectively with all team members;
- Takes orders accurately and rings into Squirrel POS;
- Provides exceptional table service and consistent table maintenance;
- Provides guests with an accurate bill and prompt credit or debit card processing or change for cash;
- Completes accurate and timely cashouts;
- Ensures a high quality of products at all times;
- Works with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times;
- Performs opening and closing duties to standard;
- Maintains clothing to our dress standard; clothing should be clean and pressed;
- Grooming is immaculate and accessories to standard;
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensures safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times;
- Promotes “Everyone sells” by providing guest with information and suggestions when prompted;
- Attends staff
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1;
- Serving it Right certification;
- Proficient using Squirrel;
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Previous experience as a server is
- Experience with and comfort in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of
- The ability to stand for extended
- The ability to work long
- The ability to lift up to 50