Resort Manager - Pedder Bay Marina
Now hiring a Resort Manager!
With a sunny licensed Oceanside patio, a fleet of rental boats & kayaks that staff are able to take advantage of, one of the best RV resorts on Vancouver Island, and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina and RV resort are the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Join the Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Apply today! Email your resume to email@example.com
POSITION: Resort Manager, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
BUSINESS UNIT: Oak Bay Marine Group (OBMG) Marinas
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Oak Bay Marina & Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Resort Manager is a hospitality professional who supports the General Manager in day-to-day operations of the Marina. In this position, the Manager is providing leadership, modeling and setting exceptional standards of ‘Yes I Can’ service performance in order to deliver unforgettable experiences on the ocean to our customers. The Resort Manager will also be responsible for professionally upholding the OBMG Core Values, building an enthusiastic team and supporting all aspects of the operations and facilities. This includes contracted and guest moorage, retail and charter services, maintenance of physical plant and grounds, and building positive relationships with the crew, customers, and members of the community. This position’s responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) the following:
- Model exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ service and OBMG Core Values with a professional attitude at all times.
- Provide effective leadership and day-to-day management of all crew members including contractors involved in customer service, cleaning, building, repairs and maintenance.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the RV and Marina facilities, including property and facilities, in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner – ensuring that appropriate standards and controls are in place.
- Work with the General Manager, Oak Bay Marina & Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina to ensure that:
- All real property and chattels associated with the Marina, as well as the parking lot and associated landscaping are managed to a quality standard suitable to the OBMG and the local community.
- Solid relationships are built with leaders within the community of Oak Bay and including but not limited to the Mayor, Council, and Manager of the District of Oak Bay to ensure effective support for the implementation of future development strategies for the Marina operations.
- Ensure the service standards and maintenance of the RV Resort & Marina and surrounding areas is up to OBMG standards to create an exceptional guest environment as well as a safe and secure environment for all customers and crew.
- Maintain the RV Resort & Marina in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
- Build relationships with all customers and operate the business consistent with the terms and conditions of the Oak Bay Marina RV & Marina rules and regulations contract with RV and moorage customers in alignment with provincial and national regulations.
- Set the pace and lead by working shoulder to shoulder with crew to assist in providing guests an optimal guest experience.
- Assist the General Manager to ensure revenue targets are met in all departments; ensure the RV Resort & Marina is at full capacity.
- Ensure labour costs and controllable expenses are managed consistent with OBMG policy, cost targets and customer service standards.
- Assist the General Manager in preparing the annual budget; responsibility for meeting cash flow and budgeted revenue objectives to meet annual profit objectives.
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly and annual paperwork in an accurate manner with on time reporting.
- Ensure the RV & Marina physical plant and fixed assets are carefully maintained, cared for, and secured when necessary.
- Work in partnership with the General Manager, to recruit crew members that conduct themselves in accordance with the “Yes I Can” philosophy and our Core Values.
- Train and supervise all crew members to establish systems to retain crew, improve morale and motivation levels. Conduct and follow up on training at all levels, including guest service standards, and participate in OBMG training programs and initiatives.
- Follow the program for management of crew performance through both formal one-on-one and annual reviews and informal on-the-spot coaching for the development of crew and identification of promotable future leaders for succession plans.
- Ensure all inventories of merchandise and other supplies are kept up to date in a manner appropriate with the season and business levels of the RV & Marina.
- Ensure the Disaster Response Program is updated, clearly communicated and trained to all affected.
- Active participation in the Health & Safety Establish and follow up on the administration of the Safety and Security Program to ensure all applicable corporate safety and security policies are adhered to.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in Hospitality/Tourism, Business Administration/Commerce, Property Management or equivalent credentials or the equivalent combination of education and experience (see below).
- Solid management, leadership, analytical and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Aware of environmental issues as they pertain to boating and marina operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Occupational First Aid – Level 1 required.
- Occupational First Aid – Level 2 an asset.
- Pleasure Craft Operator’s Certificate (PCOC) required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor or Manager in a dynamic, multi-faceted hospitality focused business.
- Strong demonstrated focus on delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience working in an RV/Marina resort an asset.
- Experience working with a management team to define and implement business strategies, budgets and reporting.
- Experience in resort, property or asset management an asset.
- Experience with construction management, project management and lease management an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude, knowledge and experience with RV/boats an asset.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is:
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Business Acumen: ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational Awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Improving Operations: ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and past experience for improving upon current modes of operation within the Oak Bay Marina.
- Leadership: has the desire to lead others, including diverse Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: ability to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Change Management: ability to support a change initiative that has been mandated within the Can provide the ongoing guidance and support that will maintain enthusiasm and commitment to the change process.
- Holding People Accountable: can set high standards of performance and holds team members, outside contractors, industry agencies, , accountable for results and actions.
- Communications: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner.
- People Skills: Treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity. Develops others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Relationships/Client Focus: Seeks and builds internal/external relationships and collaborations. Brings excellence to internal or external clients by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their manner.
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG current and future business strategies.
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather strategies.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, carry and bend.