Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
We are currently looking for customer-focused individuals to join an amazing team of food & beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism crew for our busy 2018 season in the role of Marina Attendant. Must be able to work flexible hours/days.
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
The Marina Attendant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Marina, the fuel dock and boat rental operations at Pedder Bay Marina. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet all boaters arriving at the marina and assisting with vessel docking.
- Prepare, clean, fuel and rent boats to customers.
- Provide a thorough orientation to customers of the rental boat, safety procedures, operation procedures, navigation hazards and complete a check list to confirm the orientation.
- Basic maintenance of tackle and downriggers.
- Remove garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot and docks.
- Operation of the fuel dock including cash out procedures.
- Water the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Paint the exterior as required.
- Assist the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Knowledge of tidal water sport fishing techniques an asset.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.