Marina Attendant - Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina is looking for new crew members to join our team!
- Marina Attendant
Join the Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a sunny licensed Oceanside patio, a fleet of rental boats & kayaks that staff are able to take advantage of, one of the best RV resorts on Vancouver Island, and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina and RV resort are the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Apply today! Send your resume to email@example.com
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and outdoor tourism and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
The Marina Attendant position effectively and efficiently delivers outstanding guest experiences in a safe and secure, best-in-class environment. This position will demonstrate the ‘Yes I Can’ service standards and Core Values, providing support for contracted and guest moorage, fuel, rental boats, retail, and maintenance of the facilities and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet all boaters arriving at the marina and assisting with vessel docking.
- Prepare, clean, fuel and rent boats to customers.
- Provide a thorough orientation to customers of the rental boat, safety procedures, operation procedures, navigation hazards and complete a check list to confirm the orientation.
- Basic maintenance of tackle and downriggers.
- Remove garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot and docks.
- Operation of the fuel dock including cash out procedures.
- Water the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Paint the exterior as required.
- Assist the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Knowledge of tidal water sport fishing techniques an asset.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.