Marina Attendant - Oak Bay Marina
Join the Oak Bay Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing unforgettable guest experiences in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a gift shop featuring locally sourced products, onsite eatery with a sunny oceanside patio & a world-class 100% Oceanwise restaurant (both offering our staff special discounts!), and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
We looking for Part-Time Marina Attendants to join our crew!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about the ocean and boating
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here instead of one of those other places?
- Working in the great outdoors!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Learning and development opportunities
- A Great Recognition Program
- Employee Benefits Program
Send us your resume and cover letter as soon as possible!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
JOB OVERVIEW: Supports the Assistant Manager and General Manager in day-to-day operations of the Marina including contracted and guest moorage, retail inventory and merchandising, fuel calls, fish preparation, and maintenance of physical plant and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet moorage customers and guests as they enter and make them feel welcome, assisting with vessel docking and processing nightly moorage fees.
- Selling fuel, chandlery, and gift shop items.
- Restocking shelves and displays daily.
- Participating in quarterly inventory counts.
- Ensuring washrooms and showers are cleaned on a twice daily basis.
- Removing garbage from all garbage drop-off bins.
- Removing garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot.
- Transferring gift shop and fuel dock recycling to the main recycling depot.
- Watering the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Painting the Fuel Dock and the exterior as required.
- Assisting the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Stocking, cutting, and bagging fish.
- Completing moorage, hydro, and fuel transactions.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Oak Bay Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Occupational First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to bend and
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.