Marina Attendant - Ladysmith Marina
Join the Ladysmith Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Located in the town of Ladysmith on beautiful Vancouver Island, offering amazing vistas, some of the sturdiest custom-built boathouses in the business, and the friendliest staff around, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
We looking for a Marina Attendant to join our crew!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about the ocean and boating
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here this summer instead of one of those other places?
- Working in the great outdoors!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Learning and development opportunities
- A Great Recognition Program
- Employee Benefits Program
This is an entry level position with a starting wage of $11.75 per hour.
Don’t Delay – Apply today!!
Send us your resume and cover letter as soon as possible! Accepting applications until April 27th.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet all boaters arriving at the marina and assisting with vessel docking.
- Removing garbage from all garbage drop-off bins.
- Remove garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot and docks.
- Participating in quarterly inventory counts.
- Ensuring washrooms and showers are cleaned on a twice daily basis.
- Water the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Paint the exterior as required.
- Assist the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings..
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.