Guest Services Attendant - Oak Bay Marina
Join the Oak Bay Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing unforgettable guest experiences in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a gift shop featuring locally sourced products, onsite eatery with a sunny oceanside patio & a world-class 100% Oceanwise restaurant (both offering our staff special discounts!), and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina is the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
We are looking for Guest Services Attendants to join our crew!
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about outdoor tourism
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Apply today! Email your resume to email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet guests as they enter and make them feel welcome.
- Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
- Assists with overall cleanliness of building including but not limited to; counters, floors, retail displays, and washrooms.
- Assist with maintaining product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the Yes I Can Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Oak Bay Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 is required.
- Serving it Right is required.
- Superhost Certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 and CPR or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend.