Dishwasher - Marina Restaurant
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated at the stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and supporting Vancouver Island growers and suppliers whenever possible.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused Dishwasher to join our team!
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, the Marina Restaurant offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations, ample free parking, an employee benefits program and more!
- Provide exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Provide consistent flow of clean dishes.
- Monitor and maintain dishwasher chemical levels.
- Handle waste collection and disposal.
- Work with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Follows recycling policies and procedures.
- Maintains cardboard management according to policy.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe – Level One
- WHMIS knowledge and observance
- Occupational First Aid is an asset
- Prior experience working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Comfortable working with or without supervision is required for this position.
- Experience working in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Ability to work at speed under duress in an organized manner.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and lift above head.
- The ability to bend.