Dining Room Server - Marina Restaurant
Join the Marina Restaurant team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a seafood menu that is 100% Certified Ocean Wise, a focus on buying local and sustainable product in support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers wherever possible, and some of friendliest kitchen staff in the business, our restaurant is the ideal spot for any who loves food and food culture to build on their existing culinary skill set.
We are looking for a Dining Room Server to join our team!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about food
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here instead of one of those other restaurants?
- Ample Free Vehicle & Bike Parking!
- A Great Recognition Program!
- Apprenticeship Opportunities!
- Employee Benefits Program!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations!
- Amazing Annual Staff Party!
Apply today!! Send us your resume and cover letter as soon as possible!
- Provides exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicates effectively with all team members;
- Takes orders accurately and rings into Squirrel POS;
- Provides exceptional table service and consistent table maintenance;
- Provides guests with an accurate bill and prompt credit or debit card processing or change for cash;
- Completes accurate and timely cashouts;
- Ensures a high quality of products at all times;
- Works with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times;
- Performs opening and closing duties to standard;
- Maintains clothing to our dress standard; clothing should be clean and pressed;
- Grooming is immaculate and accessories to standard;
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensures safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times;
- Promotes “Everyone sells” by providing guest with information and suggestions when prompted;
- Attends staff
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1;
- Serving it Right certification;
- Proficient using Squirrel;
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Previous experience as a server is
- Experience with and comfort in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of
- The ability to stand for extended
- The ability to work long
- The ability to lift up to 50