Counter/Coffee House Attendant
Join the Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a sunny licensed Oceanside patio, a fleet of rental boats & kayaks that staff are able to take advantage of, one of the best RV resorts on Vancouver Island, and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina and RV resort are the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
We looking for a Counter/Coffee House Attendant to join our crew!
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
• People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
• People who are passionate about outdoor tourism – think hiking, camping/RV’ing, fishing, kayaking, and just generally loving being in nature!
• People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here this summer instead of one of those other places?
• Working in a friendly office/gift shop setting with an amazing group of people!
• Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations
• Learning and development opportunities
• A Great Recognition Program
• Employee Benefits Program
Send you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – accepting applications until June 15th!
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet guests as they enter and make them feel welcome.
- Prepare coffee, tea and espresso drinks to OBMG standards.
- Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
- Assists with overall cleanliness of building including but not limited to; counters, floors, retail displays, and washrooms.
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 is required.
- Serving it Right is required.
- Superhost Certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend.