Counter/Coffee House Attendant
Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
Situated in the Oceanside community of Metchosin on beautiful Vancouver Island, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers stunning oceanfront views with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service excellence.
We are currently looking for customer-focused individuals to join an amazing team of food & beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism crew for our busy 2018 season. We are looking to fill the following seasonal positions:
Counter/Coffee House Attendant
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet guests as they enter and make them feel welcome.
- Prepare coffee, tea and espresso drinks to OBMG standards.
- Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
- Assists with overall cleanliness of building including but not limited to; counters, floors, retail displays, and washrooms.
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 is required.
- Serving it Right is required.
- Superhost Certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend.