Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Office located on the waterfront in beautiful Oak Bay, Vancouver Island
We are searching for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to help navigate our exceptional company as it continues its successful voyage in diverse and exciting marine settings.
The right candidate will assume a key financial leadership role for OBMG, providing strategic financial input to the Senior Leadership Team and Board. The successful CFO will also play a key role in overseeing financial procedures that maintain and improve the financial sustainability of OBMG and continue to drive the success of their business through sound financial planning and management.
An integral member of the Senior Leadership Team, this enviable position will provide the right candidate with responsibility for overseeing the accounting, financial and risk management operations for OBMG including the development of the financial operational strategy and performance metrics, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
The CFO will work closely with and report to the COO, assuming a shared strategic role in the overall management of the company. With a team of accounting professionals, this position will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company, including direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, payroll, insurance, property management, contract analysis, and private and institutional financing.
Who are you?
You are an experienced, highly educated and well-grounded finance leader who has a track record of success with similar organizations, and who prides yourself on consistently surpassing expectations, ensuring your team shares in your success and continues to reach for higher goals, both personally and professionally. People are attracted to your charismatic personality and your employees genuinely appreciate your ability to mentor them with ease.
What do you bring?
- A CPA (CA, CMA, CGA) designation is required; a Master’s degree in accounting or an MBA in addition to a professional accounting designation is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ recent, related experience as a CFO or equivalent, preferably in a profit-driven, multiple-industry business with cross border US experience.
- Recent, related experience in a senior financial management role, partnering with executive staff and resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Experience working with IT staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
- Boating, marine, and/or travel experience would be beneficial in understanding the markets we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with your experience, and a fulltime, multi-faceted, rewarding leadership role in an excellent company with a strong quality-focused culture and a solid reputation.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a covering letter, contract expectations, and resume by July 9, 2018.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.