Chef de Partie - Marina Restaurant
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a Chef de Partie!
Who are we looking for:
- Someone with a passion for providing unforgettable guest experiences
- Someone who thrives in a team environment
- Someone who wants to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced, fun setting
What are we looking for:
- OFA Level 1
- Red seal certification
- At least 1 years’ exp. in a busy kitchen setting
- Comfortable working with or without supervision
- Knife & Food prep skills
- Food Safe Level 1
- Customer Service Experience
Why you want to work here:
- Discounts at our various locations!
- Ample Free Vehicle & Bike Parking!
- Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Employee Benefits Program!
- Super Fun Annual Staff Party!
- And More…!!!
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, January 25th.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Chef de Partie is responsible for assisting the Sous Chef by supervising employees, teaching apprentices, executing food preparation and plated dishes to standard, ordering food, cleaning, and organizing specials. This is a working chef position where the expectation is to cook a designated station 5 days per week or to cover stations during absenteeism. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Supervising employees to ensure they are complying with OBMG standards.
- Demonstrating complete knowledge of all menu items.
- Preparing recipes to OBMG standards.
- Cooking 5 shifts per week.
- Reporting all kitchen equipment failures and call for service when required.
- Complying with all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Report all kitchen equipment failures and call for service when required.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform closing duties to OBMG standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sous Chefs or Executive Chef.
- Acting as shift supervisor in the absence of the Sous Chefs.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Red seal certification in Cooking.
- Level 1 Food Safe certification is required.
- Level 2 Food Safe certification is an asset.
- Serving it Right certification is an asset.
- OFA Level 1 certification.
- Experience in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Experience supervising staff and with staffing administration such as conducting performance reviews and performance management.
- Experience with primal and secondary cuts of meat.
- Experience with the majority of West Coast seafood varieties.
- Experience with local food products.
- Experience with ordering from suppliers
- Understanding of sustainability with regards to food.
- Understanding of seasonal cooking.
- Understanding of localism with regards to food.
- Understanding the operation of all kitchen equipment
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Strategic Orientation: Has the ability to create a strategic vision of success for OBMG restaurants; works with teams, communicates the vision and aligns strategic, operational and personal work plans and goals to achieve the vision.
- Personal Effectiveness: Has the ability to assessing strengths and weaknesses and engage in ongoing self-development and improvement; maintains effectiveness in the face of change or ambiguity.
- Communication Skills: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals; treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment, productivity and good morale.
- Employee Development: Has the desire and ability to develop others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring.
- Building Relationships: Has the ability to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts as a priority of the job.
- Team Player: Has the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organization goals. Has the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Results Orientation: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG vision through promoting a welcoming and productive climate.
- Business Acumen: Has the ability to understand the business implication of decision s and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Is aware of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Business Understanding: Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, market dynamics and priorities;
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness: Understands the workings, structure and culture of the organization as well as the political, social and economic climate in which the organization operates.
- Corporate Creativity: Has the ability to create expression through food that meets the need of specific target markets and aligns with company Strategic and Business Plans.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50lbs and to lift over the shoulder.
- The ability to bend.
- The ability to work in both hot and cold environments.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately.