Join the Marina Restaurant team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
With a seafood menu that is 100% Certified Ocean Wise, a focus on buying local and sustainable product in support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers wherever possible, and some of friendliest kitchen staff in the business, our restaurant is the ideal spot for any who loves food and food culture to build on their existing culinary skill set.
We are looking for a Host/Busser to join our team! (4-5 shifts per week, must be available to work daytime hours)
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about food
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here instead of one of those other restaurants?
- Ample Free Vehicle & Bike Parking!
- A Great Recognition Program!
- Apprenticeship Opportunities!
- Employee Benefits Program!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations!
- Amazing Annual Staff Party!
Apply today!! Send us your resume and cover letter as soon as possible to email@example.com!
The busser assists the server in all aspects of table service while ensuring table turnover is maintained at an efficient rate. The busser also communicates effectively with the host to ensure the flow of business in the dining room is smooth.
The host / hostess is responsible for the smooth flow of guests in the dining room. Encompassing accurate reservation recording, table assignments, telephone service and server section organization, this position demands an above average gregarious and pleasant nature. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provides exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicates effectively with all team members;
- Provides consistent flow of clean glassware and china:
- Provides exceptional phone service and guest services as requested;
- Follows guidelines for section seating and rotation;
- Accurately records reservations, and processes gift certificate sales;
- Manages time effectively in order to clean and reset tables;
- Ensures the highest standard of table setting;
- Works with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times;
- Performs opening and closing duties to standard;
- Maintains clothing to our dress standard; clothing should be clean and pressed;
- Grooming is immaculate and accessories to standard;
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensures safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times;
- Promotes “Everyone sells” by providing guests with information and suggestions when prompted;
- Attends staff meetings.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 an asset.
- Serving it Right an asset.
- Occupation First Aid an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills;
- Knowledge of tray service skills.
- Previous experience as a busser/host is preferred.
- Experience with and comfort in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Experience working with Squirrel and Open Table Reservation Systems are preferred.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work long hours.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.