Barista - Marina Dockside Eatery
Join the Marina Dockside Eatery team and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
We are looking for a part-time barista to join our team!
Featuring a licensed Oceanside patio and locally roasted Caffe Fantastico coffee served by some of friendliest staff in the business, our café is the ideal spot for any who loves coffee and food culture and wants to build on their existing barista skill sets.
Who are we looking for (and who can you expect to be working alongside?)
- People who are passionate about people – we want individuals who strive to provide those unforgettable guest experiences
- People who are passionate about coffee (previous barista experience is a big plus)
- People who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
Asking yourself why you want to work here instead of one of those other coffee shops?
- Ample Free Vehicle & Bike Parking!
- A Great Employee Recognition Program!
- Employee Benefits Program!
- Discounts at other Oak Bay Marine Group locations!
- Amazing Annual Staff Party!
Apply today!! Send us your resume and cover letter by Friday, April 13th.
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Prepare coffee, tea and espresso drinks to standard.
- Mixing, pouring and serving cold beverages as required, including beer, cider and wine.
- Assist with stocking of cold beverages on display.
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Take orders, customer names and interact with guests, ensuring orders are correct and table numbers/names are effectively communicated to the team.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all menu items.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations, including the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming environment at all times.
- Bussing tables, dishwashing and general food preparation when required.
- Maintain the product on display and the organization of drip coffee and tea on display.
- Maintain and sell retail products.
- Perform closing duties to OBMG standards.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions in the Eatery as required.
- Attend any regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Superhost certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Level 1 Food Safe certification is required.
- Serving it Right certification is required.
- Occupational First Aid or equivalent is an asset.
- POS Experience is an asset.
- 1-2 years’ experience with and comfortable in high volume and high pressure situations.
- 1-2 years’ previous experience working with espresso.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service.
- Experience working with cash register and reconciling cash floats.
- Experience with food service an asset.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and to lift over the shoulder.
- The ability to bend.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately.