Assistant Manager at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
Now hiring a Assistant Manager at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina!
With a sunny licensed Oceanside patio, a fleet of rental boats & kayaks that staff are able to take advantage of, one of the best RV resorts on Vancouver Island, and some of friendliest staff in the business, our marina and RV resort are the ideal spot for any who loves nature and being on the water to build on their existing customer service skill set!
Join the Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina crew and help us connect people to the wonder of the ocean by providing an unforgettable experience in a spectacular oceanfront setting!
Apply today! Email your resume to email@example.com
POSITION: Assistant Manager, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
BUSINESS UNIT: Oak Bay Marine Group (OBMG) Marinas
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Oak Bay Marina & Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Manager is a hospitality professional who supports the General Manager in day-to-day operations of the RV Resort and Marina providing the leadership, while modeling and setting exceptional standards of ‘Yes I Can’ service performance in order to deliver unforgettable experiences on the ocean to our customers. The Assistant Manager will also be responsible for professionally upholding the OBMG Core Values, building an enthusiastic team and supporting all aspects of the operation and facilities. This includes contracted and guest moorage, RV Resort bookings and management, retail and charter services, maintenance of physical plant and grounds, as well as building positive relationships with the crew, customers, and members of the community. This position’s responsibilities include, (but are not limited to) the following:
- Model exceptional customer service by supporting and demonstrating the ‘Yes I Can’ service and OBMG Core Values with a professional attitude at all
- Provide effective leadership and day-to-day management of all crew members including contractors involved in service, cleaning, building, repairs and maintenance.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the RV Resort and Marina, including property and facilities, to ensure safe, efficient and cost effective operations with appropriate standards and controls in p
- Ensure the service standards and maintenance of the RV Resort & Marina and surrounding areas is up to OBMG standards, creating an exceptional guest environment and a safe and secure environment for all customers and crew.
- Maintain the RV Resort & Marina in a sustainable and environmentally sound manner.
- Build relationships with all customers and operate the business consistent to the terms and conditions of the Oak Bay Marina RV Resort and Marina rules and regulations, contracts and in alignment with provincial and national regulations.
- Set the pace and lead by working shoulder to shoulder with crew to assist in providing guests an optimal guest
- Assist the General Manager to ensure that revenue targets are met in all departments; maximize occupancy in both the RV Resort and the Marina.
- Ensure labour costs and controllable expenses are managed consistent with OBMG policy, budget and cost targets and customer service
- Assist the General Manager in preparing the annual budget and providing support in meeting cash flow and budgeted revenue objectives to meet annual profit
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly and annual paperwork and accurately and on time
- Ensure the Resort and Marina’s physical plant and fixed assets are carefully maintained, cared for, and secured when necessary.
- Work closely with the General Manager, to recruit crew members that conduct themselves in accordance with the “Yes I Can” philosophy and our Core
- Supervise all crew members, establishing systems to improve crew morale, engagement and motivation levels. Follow up on training at all levels, including guest service standards, health and safety, participate in OBMG training programs and initiatives.
- Follow the program for the follow-up of crew performance through both formal one-on-one scheduled reviews and informal on-the-spot performance feedback for the development and retention of
- Ensure all inventories of merchandise and other supplies are kept up to date in a manner appropriate with the season and business levels of the Resort and Marina.
- Ensure the disaster response program is maintained, clearly communicated and trained to all
- Active participation in the Health & Safety Establish and follow up on the administration of the Safety and Security Program to ensure all applicable corporate safety and security policies are adhered to.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality/Tourism, Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ supervisory experience in a dynamic, multi-faceted hospitality/tourism focused business.
- Experience with hotel reservation software or other equivalent point of sale and inventory management system.
- Strong focus on exceptional customer service and service orientation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Passion for outdoor recreation
- Care for our natural environment (eco-warrior)
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Business Acumen: ability to understand the business implications of decisions and the ability to strive to improve organizational Awareness of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
- Improving Operations: ability and motivation to apply one’s knowledge and past experience for improving upon current modes of operation within the Oak Bay Marina.
- Leadership: has the desire to lead others, including diverse Sets direction and operates in keeping with an understanding of the industry, political climate, market dynamics and business priorities of the company.
- Empowerment: ability to share responsibility with individuals and groups so that they have a deep sense of commitment and ownership.
- Change Management: ability to support a change initiative that has been mandated within the Can provide the ongoing guidance and support that will maintain enthusiasm and commitment to the change process.
- Holding People Accountable: can set high standards of performance and holds team members, outside contractors, industry agencies, , accountable for results and actions.
- Communications: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate
- People Skills: Treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity. Develops others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
- Relationships/Client Focus: Seeks and builds internal/external relationships and collaborations. Brings excellence to internal or external clients by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their
- Results Focus: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG current and future business
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather
- Standing and walking for extended periods of
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, carry and bend.