Administrative Assistant - Temporary
The Victoria Office is looking for someone to provide temporary administrative support to our team. The person in this role will provide administrative support to the office in an efficient, confidential environment. This position requires the individual to be pro-active and self-motivated, with a high degree of judgment, diplomacy, interpersonal skills, computer skills and strong organizational and overall administrative abilities.
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of customer service or administrative experience, strong written and oral communication skills, well organized with high attention to detail and that is able to multi-task in a busy setting. This individual needs to be self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Professionally communicating and interacting, in person or via telephone or email, with both prospective and current guests and business partners in order to create, enrich and build stronger relationships.
- Answer, screen, and direct all phone calls received in the Victoria Office in a polite, professional and discreet manner.
- Ensure the office is open and operating between the hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday, even in the absence of other office personnel.
- Provide administrative support to the Victoria Office staff, including word processing, distributing information, formulating spreadsheets, filing, photocopying, faxing, and creating & maintaining databases as requested.
- Ordering office supplies and equipment required for the smooth, day-to-day operation of the Victoria Office, ensuring that the best possible prices are attained in order to stay within budget allowances.
- Maintaining and updating the Victoria Office electronic address book. This includes important phone numbers, addresses and personal information of people who are crucial to our operations.
- Maintain OBMG internal manager and locals phone lists, ensuring lists are updated and distributed to all staff as required in a timely manner.
- Receiving and distributing the daily mail, post mail, and organize shipments as required.
- Maintain the Mail Room, ensuring the space is organized at all times.
- Maintain the Board Room services, including managing availability schedule, ordering catering as requested, set-up and clean-up and restocking of supplies as necessary.
- Participate and support the OBM Complex Health & Safety Committee, including taking accurate meeting minutes and following up with committee members regarding action items.
- Assist with maintaining current job description files, working to ensure timely job posting of available positions on multiple websites and distribution of announcements to staff.
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, reviewing applications and ensuring they are distributed to the appropriate manager(s) in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and support the Yes I Can Core Values at all times.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Crew Handbook.
- Assist Finance Department with entering daily figures into Excel spreadsheet, ensuring data is accurate, alerting Controller/CFO if there appears to be an error in the calculations.
- Assist Payroll with entry of operational time sheets.
- Provide administrative support to process accounts payable, maintain records and files in an organized manner.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Certificate in Business or Office Administration, or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years’ administrative or customer service experience preferred, ideally in an accounting or finance environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and its components including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to organize workload based on deadlines, priority and/or urgency.
- Experience managing one’s self independently while working in a fast-paced, confidential environment with integrity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.