Second Cook - Marina Restaurant
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and supporting Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused 2nd Cook to join our team our team. Must be available to work night shifts. Opportunities for Apprenticeship.
If we sound like a fit, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
What we have to offer:
- Employee Benefits program
- A great recognition program with positive feedback and incentives
- Discounts at all Oak Bay Marine Group locations
- Amazing annual staff party
- Ample free vehicle & bike parking
- Learning and development opportunities
- Staff referral bonuses
- An amazing view at every location!
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about people and customer service and who thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively, providing a “Yes I Can” professional service approach to guests and team members consistently.
- Maintain standards set for quality and presentation at all times.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness in the work environment at all times in accordance with health and safety regulations and guidelines.
- Adhere with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Employee Handbook.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all menus, with particular attention to allergy and health requirements and regulations.
- Read, understand and follow recipes.
- Contribute ideas to menu development.
- Always work in a cost-efficient and safe manner.
- Other duties as requested by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Line cook skills, Red Seal certification an asset.
- Knife and food preparation skills.
- Knowledge of soups, stocks, sauces, dressing, vegetables and starches.
- Understanding of front of house operations and functions.
- At least 2 years prior experience working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Comfortable working with or without supervision is required for this position.
- Experience working in high volume and high pressure situations.
- ‘Yes I Can’ is
- Passion for Service
- Enthusiastic Teamwork
- Dedication to Greatness
- Respect for our Crew, Community and the Ocean
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to work at speed under duress in an organized manner.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and lift above head.
- The ability to bend.
Note: The designation of First, Second and Third Cook is based on the applicant’s knowledge, education and experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org